Saturday, January 23, 2010

HAWAII WAS WONDERFUL

A few pics of our trip: Nov 13-20 2009. It was just the two of us- all by ourselves- that means no kids! We were on Oahu for 3 days and the Big Island for 4. We did a lot of sight seeing on Oahu, then relaxed and really enjoyed ourselves and the gorgeous resort on the Big Island (Hawai'i). My favorite things were the waterfalls, the best pina coladas every day, chocolate covered macadamias (everyday) snorkeling at Point of Refuge and of course the Plumerias. I was constantly picking them. I had to do this post because there is 3 feet of snow falling outside right now and I wish I could be in Hawaii right now! I miss is so much. We really had a great time.
Couldn't go anywhere without my plumerias.
The view from our lanai (back patio) at the Grand Kona. I had breakfast (of course POG and Hawaiian bread) every morning looking at this view with the warm breeze on my face. Ahhhh.
Yes, that is a wild turtle that swam up to Jason when we were snorkeling at Point of Refuge. (It knew we needed a picture.) It was the best snorkeling we have ever done! The reef is "Two Step" (two levels) and seriously, compared to Caman, Cabo and Hanama Bay, it was unbelievable! Too bad we did not have an underwater camera.... there were hundreds of schools of fish- every color of the rainbow, morey eels, turtles, etc!

Shouldn't every day look like this?

A Condo complex named after me!
The Royal Kona had the BEST pina coladas!
And you wonder where my temper comes from? Not Kileuea! It's barely blowing smoke!
Akaki Falls National Park is one of my favorite places. It looks like the Garden of Eden to me.
I showed Jason around my old stomping ground. It was EXACTLY the same 17 years later...so fun! Did I really say, 17 years later? Woah, Susan if you are reading this, how did we get so old?

Just a little ditty of Jason on the surf.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, that looks so awesome and beautiful. I'm glad you guys got some R&R time.

    ReplyDelete