Sunday, May 10, 2009

HARTS-it's not a typo, it's a torn down gas station

This is for you Michelle. I can't believe I took a picture of a gas station and posted it online. What is becoming of me? Anyway, here's the story. This gas station in American Fork, UT is on the way to anywhere south. Since 1981, whenever we would go on a trip south, whether with the boat to Lake Powell, to see Grandma in CA or where ever, it was the first gas station on the way from Sandy for YEARS and YEARS! There was nothing from our house until this gas station. Dad used his "magic green" because he had a credit card that worked there, and we would fill up and we all got a drink and a treat then went on our trip. Well, I work in American Fork and in March I was in a store and I overheard someone say that HARTS was being torn down and they were building a new little complex there. I told Michelle and so she had me take these pics for the record. They did tear it down the very next day after I took these pictures and I am happy to say they built a Zupas (yummy salads) and a Costa Vida! Way better places to stop on your way south and gas is cheaper at Costco anyway! Good bye HARTS. A monument of our past is gone, but we will never forget you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mel! I love it when you blog. . . I can't believe they tore it down. Wow. That area sure is changing. Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete