Saturday, February 20, 2010

Good Bye Grandma Miller. We love you!



When I think of Grandma Miller, I think of a funny, musically talented lady who made afghans. Sounds funny, but that is all good! She called us all affectionately her "little monsters" and was always so wonderful to me and the kids. I tried to remind her we were thinking of her by sending cards for major holidays and pictures of the kids. In the past 15 years or so, we have received a few very sweet letters from Granmda in response to the cards. She also wrote a few letters to Jason just to let him know how much she cared. They were typed on a typewriter and signed by her. Jason and I visited her in Las Vegas in 2008 and that was the last time we saw her alive. Jason did have a very sweet experience right before she died. He was able to get a few words to her over the phone and she said : "I love you Jason!"

Grandma Miller - Stella Miller (Jason's- Father's- Mother) Died February 12, 2010. The funeral was February 20th in Highland, Utah. Jason gave the Family Blessing when they closed the casket. I have heard Jason give many blessing and offer countless prayers, but it was honestly one of the most beautiful blessings I have heard him give. I just wept. It was wonderful and I was proud of him today. He also looked so handsome in his dark suit talking to his family.


It was also a good experience for the kids to see all their "other" - extended family. Most of them the kids had never met and I really enjoyed seeing all of Jason's cousins again. They are great people and it is too bad we don't get together more. Of course we all promised to do so, but... we know how life is.

We will miss you grandma, but we are glad you are with grandpa again!

No comments:

Post a Comment